Supplying files to Imago
How do I supply print-ready files?
To ensure your print-ready files are supplied correctly, please follow the general instructions as detailed in the following documents. We are on hand to help at any stage, so please feel free to contact us at any time to discuss your requirements:
For software specific, detailed instructions please select from the list below according to which layout software you are using:
What colour profiles do you recommend?
We recommend that your print-ready files use a Fogra 51 profile as your CMYK working space and when converting from RGB to CMYK or for digital proofing, for work that is to be printed 4 colour on matt, coated or glossy papers.
For uncoated white papers Fogra 52 would give you a better result. Though with the range of shades and surfaces available for uncoated papers it is not always clear which profile would suit your paper best.
If the colour is critical, we recommend that colour conversions are handled by the repro house based on test proofing on the specific paper.
Instructions for using Fogra and for the appropriate colour settings to use in your Adobe software are in the document below:
How do I send my print-ready files to you?
The best way of sending files to us is via our dedicated and secure Imago File Transfer system. It’s really easy to use, completely secure and allows you to send files to your Imago contact in just a few simple clicks.
Follow the instructions below or watch the instructional video for a visual guide:
- When you are ready to send files to us, your sales contact will create a folder for you on our Imago File Transfer system.
- Access to the system will be shared via your email address, where you will be directed to your folder. Simply open the email sent to you from your Imago Group contact.
- Inside this email, click the button marked ‘Open’ and you will be directed to your project folder.
- Option A: Once in your folder, locate your file(s) and drag and drop your them into the window. Option B: Alternatively, click ‘Upload’ in the top menu and select ‘Files’ to find and locate your files or ‘Folder’ if you have a folder of files to upload.
- If your files are large, you will see an ‘Uploading’ message pop up in the menu. Please be patient and allow the file(s) to upload, and do not close the window.
- Your files are now uploaded! Simply get in touch with your sales contact at Imago to notify them that your files have been uploaded and we will take it from there.