Supplying files to Imago
How should I prepare my files?
Please follow the general instructions as detailed in the following document :
Imago’s General Technical Specifications for supplying files for print
Detailed Instructions for producing InDesign files for printed books
We’ve put together detailed instructions below for you to follow:
PDF instructions using Adobe InDesign*
*These instructions are based on InDesign 2017 but are also applicable for later versions.
What colour profiles do you recommend?
We recommend that you use a Fogra 39 profile as your CMYK working space and when converting from RGB to CMYK or for digital proofing, for work that is to be printed 4 colour on matt, coated or glossy papers.
For uncoated white papers Fogra 52 would give you a better result. Though with the range of shades and surfaces available for uncoated papers it is not always clear which profile would suit your paper best.
If the colour is critical, we recommend that colour conversions are handled by the repro house based on test proofing on the specific paper.
Instructions for using Fogra 39 and for the appropriate colour settings to use in your Adobe software are in the document below:
Instructions for colour settings using Fogra 39
How do I send my files to you?
FTP is ideal for supplying the odd missing file, late running cover or for urgent corrections. Full projects are always best sent by CD as download times can be very lengthy the other end. Please check with us if you are unsure.
What do I need in order to use FTP?
- Connection to the internet, preferably broadband.
- Some FTP software, such as “Fetch” for Mac users and “Cute FTP” for PC – both are available as internet downloads or you can use later versions of Internet Explorer or other web browsers.
- A compression program, to make the files smaller and speed up transmission time, such as “Stuffit” for Mac users and “Winzip” for Windows users.
- A username and password – ask your Imago contact to allocate this for you. Please note that the password is case sensitive.
Imago’s ftp server (or host server) can be accessed at : ftp.imagogroup.com
Once you are connected you will be directed to an area dedicated to you. Imago takes no responsibility for the files placed on the site and all files are deleted automatically 30 days after the initial upload so the site shouldn’t be used for permanent or long term storage.
Please follow these guidelines:
- Create a separate folder for each job or title. To do this click on the file menu and select new folder, then name the folder with the Imago job reference.
- If you have multiple or large files to upload, compress your files before uploading.
- Notify us of any files uploaded and their location.