Sustainability in Print Production
When the big sustainability topics of the day are carbon emissions, biodiversity loss, and overuse of plastic, how can your production team respond? What questions should you be asking of your printer and supply chain? What impacts do materials commonly used in the publishing industry have?
This training course has been designed to answer those questions, to help you develop and deliver sustainability goals and collect the information your business, customers & stakeholders need. We will look at three key sustainability goals that respond to all these factors, and where production teams can have a positive impact. We’ll look at a stepwise programme and at the useful information that can be gathered as you work towards your goals.
Delivering The Course
Meredith Walsh is a Sustainability Consultant and runs her own Environmental and Social Sustainability business. She provides consultancy to businesses that purchase and manufacture products helping them define and deliver their environmental and social sustainability goals.
Meredith has a wealth of publishing sector experience having spent over 15 years at Penguin Random House where she held the position of Supply Chain CR Specialist. She has worked on cross-industry initiatives for carbon, paper, ethical trade, and sustainable printing, and has co-authored a book on the subject.
Imago Offices Thame
Delivered in person by Meredith Walsh at Imago’s UK Offices in Thame, Oxfordshire.
Aimed at experienced production staff, decision makers, Production Managers & Directors.
- £245 ex. VAT. Discounts are available for multiple bookings.
- Lunch included.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Dates & Times:
- TBC – Register Your Interest
What We’ll Cover
- Learn how to set goals and priorities for your sustainability projects
- Create stepwise programmes to meet your sustainability goals
- The questions to ask in your supply chain, the data to gather and what to do with it
- Learn about where carbon is produced along the value chain of book production and how to reduce it
- Learn about where there is plastic in your supply chain and book, what you can change and what you can influence
- Waste; reduction and recycling
- Water use and its impact on communities
- The impact of cover finish choices Inks and chemicals in printing, looking at pros, cons and options
- Environmentally positive offsetting, rewilding
Register Your Interest
Please fill out the form below to find out more and book your space on the Understanding Toy Safety course. A member of the team will be in touch with you to shortly discuss all details with you.