Create and Manage a Sustainability Program for your Print Production Supply Chain
Need help with Carbon Emissions, Biodiversity Loss & Plastic Overuse in your Print Supply Chain? Get Advice
Sustainability in the print production supply chain is a minefield and knowing how to approach this beyond your direct operations can be overwhelming. Embedding sustainability into the fabric of your business is not only important from the ethical and regulatory perspective but is also commercially critical to help manage your risk and reputation.
Sustainability Consultancy Service for Book Publishers
Get advice on carbon, paper, ethical trade and sustainable printing.
We offer a guiding hand on some of the key elements in a sustainability framework, including:
Policy creation and support
- We can help your business partners understand your values, how these shape your manufacturing practices and how following your standards can benefit their brand
- Reviewing suppliers and processes to help your business understand how to identify and manage its supply chain risks effectively.
- Offering support in monitoring the ongoing compliance to statutory, contractual and voluntary standards, and creating models for the maintaining of due diligence.
Increasing the supply chain scope over time
- Tackling the challenge of going beyond tier one suppliers.
- Chain of custody compliance assessment and support.
- Training in FSC chain of custody and trademark use for production, design and marketing teams.
- We offer environmental and social sustainability training programmes to meet business goals and policy.
Business carbon footprint assessment
- Direct and supply chain impacts.
- Writing, and supporting the creation of, modern slavery statements and helping your business understand how it can meet the requirements of the Modern Slavery Act in a way that enhances your business.
- Using contracts to develop a long-term partnership between your business and its suppliers and collectively strengthen social sustainability.
Meredith Walsh – Sustainability Expert & Consultant
Meredith has worked in the publishing industry for 15 years – first as a production buyer and sustainability specialist for DK and Penguin Random House, and now as a sustainability consultant. She has worked on cross industry initiatives for carbon, paper, ethical trade and sustainable printing, and has co-authored a book on the subject. Meredith has extensive experience in training, both in-house company training and as a guest lecturer for post-graduate degrees.
Meredith has worked closely with production teams, printers in the UK, Europe, Asia and the US, NGOs and corporate responsibility teams from many well-known brands. With these insights Meredith is able to create practical and effective sustainability programmes.