Fill out your details below to apply for this job.
Software Developer Job Role
The software developer job role involves the management, development and maintenance of Imago’s proprietary database software, Imprint. Performing day-to-day tasks and ensuring Imago users have up-to-date and reliable software at all times.
Software Development (Imprint)
- Fix bugs.
- Develop new Imprint features.
- Fix live issues.
- Test all fixes.
- Deploy releases in a timely manner with minimum disruption to the business.
- Ensure upkeep of MSSQL merge replication.
- Communicate clearly with staff on all levels regarding Imprint progress.
- Liaise with staff on all levels regarding current Imprint issues.
Planning & Prioritisation
- Project planning and prioritisation of resource conflicts, business demands, support issues etc.
- Determine the best platform for Imprint (inhouse, cloud, mixture, with replication or without etc).
- Define how Imprint and other software tools can benefit Imago’s current business where new tools could enhance it.
- Evaluate and determine the best software and hardware systems for product development, testing and deployment.
- Determine the software development approach that best suits the needs of the business (Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, RAD etc).
- Visual Studio
- Back end: C#, MSSQL
- Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Versioning Control Systems (Bitbucket, Git)
- Some experience with cloud technologies (particularly AWS)
- Communicates (both orally and in writing) in a clear, mature and professional manner.
- Effectively plans and prioritises tasks or projects based on importance and urgency and reviews plans with new, incoming data or changes in business needs.
- Anticipates problems/issues and takes appropriate steps to address them and where necessary extra steps to ensure resolution or completion.
- Makes suggestions for improvements and takes action.
- Works effectively as a team member through communication and workload sharing.
- Prepared to assist with all aspects of the role and needs of the department.