Fill out your details below to apply for this job.
Accounts Assistant Job Role
To process purchase invoices, record expenses and perform various ad-hoc accounting tasks to assist with the smooth workflow in the Finance team.
- Overseeing the printing off and posting of supplier invoices, including immediate payments, which should be posted to the accounts package promptly and completely up-to-date by the end of each month.
- Timely setting up of new suppliers by checking and inputting data onto the database. Checking includes making sure there are sufficient bank details to make payment, all required fields are completed and a sensibility check.
- Immediately set them up in SUN and pass bank details to Finance Manager for entering onto B4B.
- Dealing with the posting and processing of expense claim forms, ensuring that expenses are authorised by a Director prior to posting and payments to staff are made on a timely basis.
- Coding, distributing and posting of company Barclaycard expenses.
- Highlighting to the Finance Director any unusual expenses
- Allocating the 1580 account monthly.
- Making sure the employee account (2530) is clear monthly.
Petty Cash & FX Petty Cash
- Administer petty cash to staff as and when required.
- Maintain accurate records and complete a monthly reconciliation of the petty cash amounts (GBP and currency).
- Request cash order/currency order when funds are low.
- Check diary and ask staff who are going on trips how much currency they would like and make sure this is available in time.
- Provide cover with the posting of cash balances from the bank statement and other cash sources into the accounts systems accurately.
- Maintain the cashmon spread sheet on such occasions.
To be taken on once trained and established
- Match all purchase invoices for jobs to the master card to approve.
- If they do not match the master card you will need to email out to production controller for approval.
- Any purchase invoices not for a job will need to be passed to the approver in the office.
- Any shipping invoices will need to have the approval stamp filled out from the master card.
- Once the shipping stamp is filled out this will need to be added to a shipping spreadsheet.
- Reconcile supplier statements and request and invoices we do not yet have.
- Filing on a timely basis
- Manage the incoming Accounts Group telephone
- Support the finance team and Imago with various ad hoc tasks
- Experience of purchase and sales ledger would be an advantage
- Good IT skills – comfortable with Microsoft Excel
- Studying for AAT (or equivalent) would be an advantage – training support will be supplied if required
- Experience of SUN and Vision would be an advantage
- Good application and attention to detail
- Ability to question or ask when unsure
- Adaptability to pick up tasks as and when required
- An individual who is prepared to learn from others in order to develop as well as learning on the job.